Phrenic Nerve Stimulation is an invasive method for artificial ventilation which provides electrical stimulation of the phrenic nerve and causes diaphragmatic contraction. The Phrenic Nerve Stimulation device consists of an electrode placed on the phrenic nerve and a receiver connected under the skin via lead wires. There are two phrenic nerves which arise from the neck and passes down between the lungs and the heart to reach diaphragm. These nerves play an important role during breathing. The Phrenic Nerve Stimulation device improves natural breathing. The Phrenic Nerve Stimulator is used by ventilator-dependent patients. The transmitter emits radiofrequency (RF) energy which is further converted into pulses afterward the pulses are sent to the electrode causing diaphragm to contract. With the rising prevalence of Spinal cord injuries and conditions such as sleep apnea the Phrenic Nerve Stimulation market is anticipated to grow at a significant CAGR over the forecast period.
Get Sample Copy Of This @ https://www.persistencemarketresearch.com/samples/26230
Factors driving Phrenic Nerve Stimulation Market
Increasing pollution, congenital diseases and road accidents causing spinal injuries are some of the factors driving the nerve stimulation market. The disease Acute Flaccid Myelitis causes inflammation of the spinal cord which further weakens the breathing muscles which further requires phrenic nerve stimulation devices as ventilator support. Increased number of environmental toxins, viruses such as West Nile virus, adenoviruses, and Japanese encephalitis can trigger the disease which will further increase the adoption of phrenic nerve stimulations. In addition, the Phrenic Nerve Stimulation device provides breathing assistance and improves the quality of life. Also, the demand of Phrenic Nerve Stimulation devices would increase as it lowers the risk of airway infections. The devices, when compared to mechanical ventilators, are small and do not depend upon bulky tubes and batteries which further increases the mobility of patients. These are some of the factors which will bring significant growth in the Phrenic Nerve Stimulation market.
However, there are risks involved in Phrenic Nerve Stimulation due to the lack of expert surgeons. Also, it can cause infections in the implanted segments due to the continuous changing of body positions, which can lead to an increase in the gap between the receiver and antenna and increased or decreased diaphragm contractions. These factors are responsible and aggravate the medical and R&D departments to overcome the deficiencies for better alternatives.
Regional Market Outlook Phrenic Nerve Stimulation Market
Geographically, the Phrenic Nerve Stimulation Market is segmented into North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia-Pacific, Japan, and Middle East & Africa. North America is expected to dominate the Phrenic Nerve Stimulation Market globally, followed by Europe, due to its easy availability in the US. Further, the availability of advanced products replacing the mechanical ventilators are growing in North America and is expected to boost the market Phrenic Nerve Stimulation devices in the region.
The Phrenic Nerve Stimulation Market in the Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a higher rate due to the growing geriatric population, increasing road accidents causing spinal cord injuries, is leading to the adoption of phrenic nerve stimulation devices. Moreover increasing cases of rare disease such as Congenital Central Hypoventilation Syndrome (CCHS) provides ventilator support as the disease causes chronic respiratory insufficiency. In addition, Regions such as the Asia Pacific and Latin America are expected to witness higher revenue growth during the forecast period.
Some of the major players in the Phrenic Nerve Stimulation Market are Synapse Biomedical Inc. Atrotech, Avery Biomedical Devices, Inc, Lungpacer Medical Inc. The manufacturers of Phrenic Nerve Stimulation Market are involved in continuous collaboration agreements to exploit the maximum potential. Moreover, they are mainly focusing on strengthening the core competencies of their product portfolio.
Phrenic Nerve Stimulation Market: Segmentation
Tentatively, Phrenic Nerve Stimulation Market has been segmented on the basis of Indications, Applications, End User and geography.
Based on Indications, the Phrenic Nerve stimulation Market is segmented as:
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Congenital Central Hypoventilation Syndrome (CCHS)
- Diaphragm Paralysis
- Acute flaccid myelitis (AFM)
Based on Applications, the Phrenic Nerve stimulation Market is segmented as:
- Neck (Cervical) based procedure
- Chest (Thoracic) based procedure
Based on End User, the Phrenic Nerve stimulation Market is segmented as:
- Neurosurgical Centers
Based on region, Phrenic Nerve stimulation Market is segmented as:
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan
- Middle East & Africa
Key data points covered in report
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Phrenic Nerve stimulation Market by Indications, Applications, End Users and region type, and End User
- Regional level market analysis of North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa by Indications, End User and country segments
- Phrenic Nerve stimulation Dynamics & Opportunity Assessment
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2013 – 2017
- Phrenic Nerve Stimulation Market system market Size & Forecast 2018-2028
- Phrenic Nerve Stimulation Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved in Phrenic Nerve Stimulation Market
- Shifting Industry dynamics
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected industry size Recent industry trends
- Key Competition landscape, market structure, regulatory scenario
- Epidemiology outlook for diseases
- Economical spending, regional healthcare outlook, consumer healthcare expenditure
- Availability of device, cost of the procedure, specificity and sensitivity
- Strategies for key players in and product offerings, Channel strategies, regional foot print, channel footprint
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance in terms of value and volume